Cannabis coming to Cullman? – Tribune Cullman
CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman County Commission on Tuesday evening approved Resolution 2022-61, authorizing the operation of medical cannabis distribution sites in unincorporated areas of the county.
Joey Robertson of Wagon Trail Hemp Farm near Dodge City plans to move forward with applying to be one of five licensed integrated medical cannabis facilities in the state. Of these five facilities within the state, one must be allocated to a minority. On September 1, 2022, the Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission will begin accepting license applications to be “an integrated facility or for a license as a cultivator processor, secure carrier, state testing laboratory or dispensary “.
Expecting to provide “no less than 30 well-paying jobs”, Robertson said he would also use off-duty law enforcement on the farm.
Addressing the commissioners, resident Leonie Shaw took to the podium to discuss her concerns about conditions on County Roads 151 and 154 in the Ryan’s Creek Baptist Church area. Shaw provided photographs and documentation of road conditions near her home which she attributes to heavy trucking loads along Smith Lake. County Engineer Bryan Cheatwood and Commissioner Garry Marchman responded to Shaw’s concerns and said they would seek solutions for the neighborhood.
Dr. Robert Smith of Sound Mind TMS Therapy presented information to the commission on transcranial magnetic stimulation. More information is available at www.cullmantribune.com/2022/04/26/sound-mind-tms-offers-cullman-new-solutions-in-mental-health-treatment.
In the public comment portion of the meeting, the commission’s policy of only allowing two residents to speak on a single issue was ignored, and many former Cullman area rural transit system workers ( CARTS), unhappy with the work environment under Joyce Echols, aired their grievances at the commission.
The commission recognized Good Hope students Breanna Arnold and Conner Clark for their achievements. The couple were named BASS Nation High School Anglers of the Year earlier this summer.
Additionally, Nona Moon was honored for her 31 years of volunteering at the Sportsman Lake Wildflower Garden.
The following resolutions were approved:
- Authorize Cullman County to join Alabama State and other local governments as participants in current and future opioid settlements and authorize Chairman Jeff Clemons to sign all related documents
- Tax abatement for Project Build in the amount of $500,309
- Airport to seek FAA grant to design and conduct environmental survey of airport property for development
- Authorize Revenue Commissioner Barry Willingham to Sign TransUnion Agreement for Cullman County Revenue Office
- Authorize the County Engineer to sign and approve Adopt-A-Mile applications by Zelda Phillips for County Road 57
- Two-month lease extension with Warrior Tractor for a 2019 John Deere 624XlT wheel loader for road service until October 24, 2022, in the amount of $2,569.55
- Access map to departmental roads associated with the Rock the South event
Approved the following surpluses to be auctioned on GovDeals:
- 2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 Pickup (Vin # 3GTU2NECSJG498270) from the Sheriff’s Office
- 2018 GMC Sierra Pickup (Vin # 3GTU2NEC1JG286594) from the Sheriff’s Office
- 1987 AM General Hummer (serial number 027690) from the OHV fleet
- 1991 AM General Camouflage Hummer (serial number 116760) from the Highways Department
- 1986 AM General Model # M1038 Camouflage Hummer (Serial # 006965) from the OHV fleet
- 2013 Yamaha Raptor 4-Wheeler 2WD (Vin # JY4AH32Y8DC010635) from OHV Fleet
- 2011 Yamaha Raptor 350 2WD (Vin # JY4AH32Y0BC009248) from OHV Fleet
- 2011 Yamaha Raptor 350 2WD (OHV Fleet Vin # JY4AH32Y2BC008263}
- 2010 Yamaha Raptor 350 2WD (Vin # JY4AH32Y3Ac008092) from the OHV fleet
- 2012 Yamaha Raptor 350 2WD (Vin # JY4AH32Y2BC009249) from the OHV fleet
- 2012 Yamaha Raptor 350 2WD (Vin # JY4AH32Y8DC010666) from the OHV fleet
- 2013 Polaris Ranger 4X4 (Vin # 4XAWH50A0A0DE222787) from Sportsman Lake Park
- Tower with bench (asset #1352) from CARTS
- CARTS Diagnostic Equipment (Asset #1466)
- Drum Tower (asset # 1718) from CARTS
- CARTS 8140 Solar Air Conditioning Service (Active #1719)
- Two ARRA tire balancers (asset # 2690 and 2691) from CARTS
In other cases, the following were approved:
- Purchased a 2017 Ford Expedition from the Alabama Department of Transportation’s Office of Equipment for the Department of Safety for $25,350 and authorized Clemons to sign
- Purchase of a 2020 Peterbilt 367 from Ingram Equipment Company on Sourcewell contract for sewerage service in the amount of $178,700 and authorize Clemons to sign all related documents
- Purchasing seven 30 yard containers on the Sourcewell contract for sanitation service in the amount of $46,403 and authorizing Clemons to execute all related documents
- Purchasing eight 40-yard containers on the Sourcewell contract for sanitation service in the amount of $60,080 and authorizing Clemons to execute all related documents
- Purchased a 2015 Xpeditor front loader engine from Nextran Truck Center for sanitation service in the amount of $18,999.23 and authorized Clemons to sign all related paperwork
- Approve repairs to animal shelter to be carried out by Craft and Associates for $13,969 to be reimbursed by the City of Cullman from insurance proceeds
- Correction to item L of the June 23, 2022 meeting to read the approval of a grant in the amount of $25,000 with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency for Grant 22 FIL instead of the alabama department of public health
- Pan Creek Estates flat project, a minor subdivision containing 14 lots located off County Road 1725
- Offer #1400 for prison supplies-Reject all offers
- Award Tender #1401 for metal pipe to Twin Oaks Environmental, ADCO Pipe & Supply, LLC, and Fallin Farms OBA Harvey Culvert (purchase will be based on proximity and availability of materials)
- Award tender #1402 for aggregate to Wiregrass Construction Company, Inc, Vulcan Materials Company, Whitaker Contracting, and CA Langford Company, Inc. (purchase will be based on proximity and availability of materials)
- Award of Tender #1403 for Modular Steel OHV Bridge to Banner Industrial Construction, Inc.
- Award of Tender #1404 for Gasoline and Diesel to B&B Petroleum Products, LLC
- Award Tender #1357 Ratify Extension for Lawn Care and Maintenance to Pro Lawn
The next committee meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, with the working session beginning at 4 p.m. and the following meeting at 6 p.m. Meetings are held at the Cullman County Courthouse in the commission meeting room.
Copyright 2022 Humble Roots, LLC. All rights reserved.